Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Proverbs of My Father – 24 February 2009

My dear son, 

 

Today Wisdom has gone out in the street and shouts. You can find her in the city centers, and wherever you go, she will be constantly speaking to you. Even in the middle of the traffic she takes her stand. At the busiest corners she calls out and says: Hey! How long will you wallow in ignorance? How long will you feed your cynicism? How long will you refuse to learn? Make a decision today and follow Wisdom! I can revise your life.


Look, I'm ready to pour out My spirit on you; I'm ready to tell you all I know. As it is, I've called, but you've turned a deaf ear; I've reached out to you, but you've ignored Me so many times.  "It’s better for you to take My counsel seriously and don’t make a joke of My advice. If you refuse to take Me seriously, I'll turn the tables and joke about your troubles!


What if the roof falls in, and your whole life goes to pieces?
What if catastrophe strikes and there's nothing to show for your life but rubble and ashes? Is it then that you’ll begin to need Me? Then you'll call for me, but don't expect an answer. No matter how hard you look, for Me then you won't find Me. 

If you decide to hate Knowledge  and have nothing to do with the Fear-of-God,  if you decide that you don’t want My advice, and you brush aside all My offers to train you, well, you would've made your bed—and you will lie in it like that. But remember that carelessness kills and complacency is like suicide!


Here’s My advice, pay attention to me, and then relax. Now you can take it easy because you're in good hands.

 

With love,

Your Father

  

Note: Scripture verses from The Message Bible

No comments: