Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Passing Through the Gate…

The New Year is here again, and many like me are still basking in the euphoria of having left the old year behind, and being among those alive to witness this new one. On the last night of the last year, I was in church for the “crossover church service”. While there, I saw the huge crowd of people in attendance unlike a normal Sunday church service, I thought to myself, how wonderful it is - the way people sense the need of entering the New Year in a church (or call it the presence of God if you would). I also realised how important it is for every person to carry the presence of God in the times we are entering. I realised even further that in the place of prayer and worship (presence of God) we can lay hold of God’s supernatural power. In other words we can, by the help of God, and through prayer, do extraordinary things that go beyond normal human understanding (Psalms 18:29). We can outwit every plan of the enemy by receiving supernatural information and power from God in the place of prayer (Ephesians 6:11, 18).

 

These are some tips that God has downloaded in my heart as I entered into the New Year. Now I understand that God does not change (Malachi 3:6, Hebrews 13:8), and will not change the times in order to suit my whims. Rather, He has enabled me to change continually, and as necessary until I come into His acceptable and perfect will for my life (Psalms 18:32, Romans 12:2).

 

It is for this reason that I must now review my conducts, habits and attitudes. Because I expect the multiple blessings of God this year, I must increase my capacity to receive them, and it’s not merely by placing stickers on my car bearing such inscriptions as, “My Year of Double Portion”, or “My Year of Supernatural Increase”. As good as such affirmations are, yet it is very essential that I make the necessary adjustments in my life so as to come into the place of such blessings (Psalms 68:19, 1 Corinthians 2:9) which God in His boundless bounty has prepared for all His children this year and beyond.

 

I must realise that although there may be tough times ahead, yet they would not necessarily be bad times, because such times will only serve as defining moments (1 Peter 1:7, 2 Corinthians 4:7-9) for those who are truly in tune with the Almighty God.

 

This is the sound of the season we have entered in.  That even though governments may change for the worse, global and local economic crises may worsen, and even natural disasters may occur (Matthew 24:7, Mark 13:8, Luke 21:11), yet it is in these times that the ‘Daniels’ and ‘Josephs’ of our time will be manifested (Genesis 41:56, Daniel 2:47-48).

 

Therefore I need to watch what I do with my body and my time (Ephesians 5:16). God wants His people to be blessed. His plan is to take us out of poverty to the place of abundance (3 John 1: 2). I believe that God is moving His people from places of strife and contention to places of harmony and unity in this season. From places of darkness to places of light (Genesis 1:3, John 1:5, Psalms 18:28). From death and destruction, to life and peace (John 1:4, Ezekiel 37:4-12, John 10:10).

 

I believe that God wants to rescue His people this year from the place of poverty, shame, sickness, deprivation, and fear to the place of strength, courage, wisdom, wholeness and soundness of mind and body (Isaiah 54:4, 61:3, 7, 2 Timothy 1:7).

 

Again, I realised that there is really nothing new on this earth except the grace of God (Ecclesiastes 6:10, Lamentations 3:22-23). Therefore, this year I need to be found in that place of His grace (in the place of prayer) because it is in that place that supernatural strength is released. And we all need an empowerment from within to enable us succeed and prosper in His will for us this year and beyond.

 

Consequently I need to rise up in the knowledge and understanding of my spiritual position in God and walk in that revelation towards my destiny. I must pass through the gates (Luke 13:24) into my land of inheritance (Psalms 16:5, Psalms 47:4). Many of us require strength to push through to the next level. Many of us require wisdom to operate in the next dimension. Many of us need to change the way we think to allow for new ideas. We cannot put new wine in old wineskins any more!

 

Let it be sufficient to know that God already has our victory planned (1 Corinthians 15:57, 1 John 5:4), therefore we must rise up in faith and in prayer this year. We must lay hold of our inheritance in Christ. Indeed it’s a reflection of His love for us! Happy New Year and Happy New You!  

 

Uche

http://www.houseofvirtue.blogspot.com

No comments: